Two-Stage Elevating Belt Hopper/Prefeeders
The basic concept of an Elevating Belt Hopper/Prefeeder is to take a particular product for a bulk state and provide an automatically metered, controlled, feed to a feeder bowl. The hopper provides considerably more capacity than the feeder bowl itself. These hoppers have a lower load height (48" or less), are quieter, have larger capacities for larger parts, and can feed more cubic feet of product than most vibratory hoppers. This particular model is very gentle on the product to be fed, and is specially designed to reduce possible damage, yet still maintain accurate feed. The belts are RMV or PCV style belting, designed for the parts to be fed, with an SST clipper lace seam for ease of removal.
- Our Elevating Hopper/Prefeeders range in size form 5 cu. ft. capacity to 25 cu. ft. capacity.
- Elevating hoppers are offered in both USDA and industrial grade finishes.
- USDA grade hoppers have all seams welded and ground free of pits and crevices, with a hand polished #4 brush finish, 316L SST, and can be dis-assembled for autoclaving or cleaning. We also offer hoppers of UHMW for ease of cleaning and reduce noise and friction.
- Industrial grade hoppers are generally welded, ground, and polished at least on one side, both sides when the application dictates, and come either in painted steel or 304 SST.
- M & S Automated Feeding designs and fabricates all of our elevating belt hoppers for the part handling characteristics required.
- Optional Urethane coating is offered on our hoppers for abrasion reduction and noise abatement.
- Hoppers come with 2 variable speed controls, and a bowl level sensor to accurately and automatically control the level of parts in the feeder bowl, for maximum feeder bowl efficiency.